Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great Regulars: Breaking Silence--For My Son

by Patricia Fargnoli

The night you were conceived

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Breaking Silence--For My Son by Patricia Fargnoli

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happiness Makes Up in Height for What It Lacks in Length
by Robert Frost

Oh, stormy stormy world,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Happiness Makes Up in Height for What It Lacks in Length by Robert Frost

~~~~~~~~~~~

Naming My Daughter
by Patricia Fargnoli

In the Uruba tribe of Africa, children are
named not only at birth but throughout their
lives by their characteristics and the events
that befall them.

The one who took hold in the cold night

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Naming My Daughter by Patricia Fargnoli

~~~~~~~~~~~

Osprey
by Kay Ryan

Book I

The great taloned osprey

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Osprey by Kay Ryan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Profile of the Night Heron
by Anne Pierson Wiese

In the Brooklyn Botanic Garden the night

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Profile of the Night Heron by Anne Pierson Wiese

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunrise
by Mary Oliver

[audio only]

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Sunrise by Mary Oliver

~~~~~~~~~~~

To My Son's Girlfriend
by Michael Milburn

I'm tempted to ask

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: To My Son's Girlfriend by Michael Milburn

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :