Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Regulars: I chose Julia Pascoe for the second round

of Elders Project interviews in Elk Rapids for a selfish reason. She grew up in the house my wife and I live in. Where Stone Circle is now, was her dad, John Rutherford's cornfield. Margaret and Julia's mother was Mary Jane Ellis, and the younger sister of my wife's great-grandmother, Eva.

So this column is a family affair, and also a reminder that Stone Circle begins its 27th season on Saturday. I've heard a story about when they were digging the basement for our house, they hit a boulder so big they couldn't move it. So they poured the basement floor over it. I don't know if that is true, but I like the story.

Julia Pascoe (90) Our House

from Terry Wooten: Traverse City Record-Eagle: Lifelines: Family affair turns poetic

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :