Tuesday, March 16, 2010

News at Eleven: Win Tin sent a video message

to a crowd attending a promotion ceremony for the book held in Maesot, Thailand, on March 12. The ceremony was organized by the Association for Assistance to Political Prisoners (Burma), a group formed in 2000 by former Burmese political prisoners.

"I felt that I had to write this book so that people know the truth and can empathize with the real plight of Burma's political prisoners. I hope that when they understand the situation, they will be motivated to oppose Burma's dictators and fight them," he said.

"I know that I face great risk in writing this book, but I refuse to be intimidated by this danger. I purged all of my fears and wrote frankly about what everyone should know."

from Radio Free Asia: Opposition Leader Describes Imprisonment
also Mizzima: 2010 election carries no weight

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :