Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Poetic Obituaries: Although he would win medals for his service,

[Noel] Ryan wrote in his memoirs, "Let's set the record straight from the beginning. I'm no bloody hero. Nor was I a coward. I was concerned that Mrs. Ryan's little boy should not get his ass shot off. This meant that I would be very cautious at exposing myself to enemy fire while still doing my job and supporting my mates."

In 2004, Ryan held an exhibition of his work from 1965-75 at the Living Arts Centre, titled Juxtaposed. He also wrote poetry.

In an interview with local historian Kathleen Hicks, Ryan said, "I was never terribly interested in selling my (art) work. I gave away more than I sold. I regard myself as a dilettante."

from The Mississauga News: Library forefather was an avid art enthusiast

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :