Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Great Regulars: Cherishing What Isn't

by Jack Gilbert

Ah, you three women whom I have loved in this

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Cherishing What Isn't by Jack Gilbert

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nonsense Song
by W. H. Auden

My love is like a red red rose

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Nonsense Song by W. H. Auden

~~~~~~~~~~~

Not To Trouble You
by Leonard Nathan

Not to trouble you with love, I mean

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Not To Trouble You by Leonard Nathan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Passing the Spot
by Robert Winner

I pass the spot where I almost died

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Passing the Spot by Robert Winner

~~~~~~~~~~~

Patriotism
by Ellie Schoenfeld

My country is this dirt

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Patriotism by Ellie Schoenfeld

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Summer Night
by Kate Barnes

A summer night. The moon's face,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: A Summer Night by Kate Barnes

~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking to Oak-Head Pond, and Thinking of the Ponds I Will Visit in the Next Days and Weeks
by Mary Oliver

What is so utterly invisible

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Walking to Oak-Head Pond, and Thinking of the Ponds I Will Visit in the Next Days and Weeks by Mary Oliver

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :