Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Great Regulars: Boy at the Window

by Richard Wilbur

Seeing the snowman standing all alone

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Boy at the Window by Richard Wilbur

~~~~~~~~~~~

The courage that my mother had
by Edna St. Vincent Millay

The courage that my mother had

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The courage that my mother had by Edna St. Vincent Millay

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Father Comes to the City
by Joyce Sutphen

Tonight his airplane comes in from the West,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Father Comes to the City by Joyce Sutphen

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Old Aunts Play Canasta in a Snow Storm
by Marjorie Saiser

I ride along in the backseat; the aunt who can drive

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Old Aunts Play Canasta in a Snow Storm

~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring Training
by Maxine Kumin

for Victor

Some things never change: the velvet flock

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Spring Training by Maxine Kumin

~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow at the Farm
by Joyce Sutphen

My father gets his tractor out.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Snow at the Farm by Joyce Sutphen

~~~~~~~~~~~

Turtle in the Road
by Faith Shearin

It was the spring before we moved again, a list of what

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Turtle in the Road by Faith Shearin

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :