Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Great Regulars: A Final Affection

by Paul Zimmer

I love the accomplishments of trees,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: A Final Affection by Paul Zimmer

~~~~~~~~~~~

Note to My Father After All These Years
by Marjorie Saiser

Today I spend money. Doodad this, doodad that

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Note to My Father After All These Years by Marjorie Saiser

~~~~~~~~~~~

on my way to Santa Rosa
by Ingrid Swanberg

my father and I stood

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: on my way to Santa Rosa by Ingrid Swanberg

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin City
by David Lehman

Cynthia was feeling sinful in Cincinnati.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Sin City by David Lehman

~~~~~~~~~~~

Smoke
by Faith Shearin

It was everywhere in my childhood: in restaurants,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Smoke by Faith Shearin

~~~~~~~~~~~

South
by Jack Gilbert

In the small towns along the river

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: South by Jack Gilbert

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :