Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Great Regulars: cats and you and me

by Charles Bukowski

the Egyptians loved the cat

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: cats and you and me by Charles Bukowski

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Horse
by Thomas Lux

At the fence line, I was about to call him in when,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Dead Horse by Thomas Lux

~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Scenes
by Robert Bly

I.
Snow falls in the feeding lot

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Farm Scenes by Robert Bly

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Little Shiver
by Barton Sutter

After the news, the forecaster crowed

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: A Little Shiver by Barton Sutter

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lonely Harvest
by Margaret S. Mullins

As a child, my father helped me dig

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Lonely Harvest by Margaret S. Mullins

~~~~~~~~~~~

So
by Philip Booth

So, there's no way to be sure. Not

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: So by Philip Booth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Their Lonely Betters
by W. H. Auden

As I listened from a beach-chair in the shade

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Their Lonely Betters by W. H. Auden

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :